Friday, March 12, 2010

To God Be The Glory...

Imagine it. It's a cold, wintry day (I wasn't in San Antonio at the time,) and I opened my email to find out that I'm 90% monthly funded. Yep, that's right folks. In the last month, God has done an amazing thing. As I've been steadily sharing with people about my soon departure to Romania, he's been putting the whole thing together. Working on the hearts of people, providing not only financial, but also prayer support for me as well. Did I tell you he also located an apartment for me? Of course, you can look at it and say that there were people involved. Yes, there were. It takes people to give, it takes people to locate an apartment half a world away, and it takes me sharing with people what God has laid on my heart to do. However, don't think for a minute that you and I really have a lot to do with the outcome.

Proverbs 16:9 says, "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD plans his steps."

This perfectly illustrates what has happened over the last month. I made all the plans in the world to share with people, lifegroups, whoever wanted to listen about Romania. I even carried out these plans. Each time I visited a lifegroup, I heard the same thing: "We don't have a lot of people coming tonight" or "I don't know if this is going to be a good night for you to share." Seriously, I can only think of one group that I didn't hear this. At first, I didn't see any fruit from my efforts. Fruit in the form of money that is. However, I knew that God would take care of it.

So, I'm writing this blog entry to say that he has. Just a few weeks ago I needed $1000 more pledged per month to go to Romania. Tonight, I only need $300 more per month. God is good. He was good before this, and he's good at the times that I am in great need. But needless to say, I really like it when he shows up in this way.

It's unbelievable. I'm almost gone. If I listen carefully, I think I can hear the jet engines warming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment