Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Engines Are Warming Up...

(The following is the email update letter for April 2010. To receive these updates via email, please contact me or post a comment with your email address included ;-)

Prayer/Update Letter for April 2o1o

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'" Romans 10:14-15

Can you hear it? The jet engines are warming up. That's right, it is almost time for me to leave the U.S. and start another portion of the journey God has for me.
The fund-raising efforts of the last few months have been incredibly fruitful, bringing in 90% of my monthly need! Thank you to those that have committed to serving with me in Romania, for that is how I look at it and that is what I believe is evidenced in the scripture quoted in the title. We all play a part in reaching the nations. How can the children of Romania hear of him unless someone tells them? How can someone tell them unless they are sent? So it is neither the "giver" or the "goer" who is more important in this scenario, we are all equal partners in god's passion for people.
As I mentioned previously, I am 90% monthly funded. This means that I only need $300 more a month to be pledged in order to go. This could be three individuals/families giving $100 a month for 18-months, six giving $50 a month for 18-months, etc. Please contact me if you are interested in being a piece of the pie.
Once I am 100% funded (which means, once International messengers sees that I'm receiving 100% of the monthly funds needed,) I will be authorized to get on that jet-plane!
Want to support me in other ways? See below.

Other Ways To Help

Many have asked how they can help with some of my other needs (i.e. personal, apartment, or other items.) These are some of the things I need to buy in the U.S. due to inadequate or a lack of resources in Romania. I will also need to purchase furniture and appliances for my apartment once I'm in Romania.
To donate for any of the items on the list or those needing to be purchased in-country, please contact me.

Bed/Bath
sheets
bath towels
mattress pad/cover
washcloths

Kitchen
kitchen towels
cutting board
utensil set
brownie mixes
cookie trays
baking pans
packaged tuna
nuts (no peanuts)
chocolate chips
marshmallows
almond butter

Personal
slippers
robe
deodorant
**many more personal items not included

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment