Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Hunting We Will Go....

Apartment hunting that is. No, no, no...don't worry, I'm not moving back to San Antonio. Instead, preparations for Romania are moving full-steam ahead! It seems my friends in Romania have found an apartment that is worthy to be called my home. The BEST news is...the contract was signed on Friday! Thanks Tresha and Tony!

The apartment where I will be living is about 3 miles from the ministry in Resita. It is in a fairly new building with new metal doors, security windows, locks, etc. Mostly families and foreigners will be my neighbors and apparently it is a pretty quiet neighborhood! The best part...is the cost. Only $150 a month!

While my friends have been hard at work at apartment hunting, I've been doing a little hunting of my own. I'm on a hunt for supporters. If you've read my previous blog entry, you know that I'm 60% funded, but am still looking for people/families to commit to praying and giving toward my initial 18 month commitment overseas. There's about $1300 a month out there that I still need to locate and I'm praying the Lord helps me find it quickly. Please join with me in praying about how you can be a part of my ministry. $1300 a month breaks down to 13 people/families committed to giving $100 a month for 18 months, or 26 people/families committed to giving $50 a month for the next 18 months. It's simple to understand how that works. Just give up going to Starbucks a couple times a week, or give up going out to eat at least once a week. $50 is not that hard to find when you're looking for it ;-)

No, it's not all about money...but that is one side of it. The most exciting part is that you and I enter into a grand partnership. We enter into a partnership with the Lord when we choose to follow the great commission of going and preaching the gospel to all nations. That's exactly what everyone who prays, gives, or goes to the nations does. We all contribute, we all play a part. We are all helping to usher in the coming of Christ as the gospel reaches the nations of the world. Do you know what it says in Matthew 24?
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him priavately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Jesus answered, "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it tha tyou are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdome against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains."

"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."


It is happening before our eyes. The end is coming. Whether we see it in our lifetime is not what it is about, it is about joining in the greatest "hunt" there is. The hunt for hearts. The brilliant part is that God will lead us to the hearts of those that long to be his if we are faithful to heed his voice. That's why I go. I long to be a part of this great "hunt." I long to be a part of something greater than me and what I see as important. The most awesome thing is...you can go with me by being a part of my prayer and/or financial support team. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment